Kettle Bell Training
What is high intensity Kettle Bell training?
High intensity Kettle Bell training is when you alternate between high and low intensity exercise(s) or between high intensity exercise and a short period of rest.
For example, a short sprint up a flight of stairs followed by a walk back down is interval training. Or a set of burpees followed by battle rope slams.
With kettle Bells you alternate short bursts of very intense exercise with periods of lower intensity using Kettle bells to work explosive power movement that are ideal training for combat
- The higher intensity periods create a metabolic demand that is very effective for long-term fat loss and overall conditioning.
- The lower intensity periods let you recover and use the aerobic energy system.
Why Kettle Bells
Kettle Bells is excellent for:
- losing body fat (while retaining lean body mass)
- strengthening the cardiovascular system
- developing sport-specific energy systems (e.g. training for your martial art)
- developing “work capacity” (i.e. the ability to tolerate a high level of intensity for a longer period)
- improving fat and carbohydrate oxidation in skeletal muscle
- developing “mental toughness”
- making you a badass
- challenging the fast twitch muscle fibres — the fibres that are great for strength, power and looking buff
Kettle Bells are extremely efficient. It lets you get a bigger training effect with less time spent. And compared to running for hours, a 45-minute Kettle Bell class will build strength and cardio.
Class Times at the Academy
- Tuesday 12pm till 12.45pm
- Saturday 10am till 10.55am