Covid 19 Terms and Conditions:
By booking a class/training session, you are AGREEING to the following:
1. You will not come to DSDA unless you are completely SYMPTOM-FREE (including showing symptoms of a temperature, cough and difficulty breathing).
2. If you show any symptoms of Covid19 during your visit, you will
EXIT the building immediately, when asked to by DSDA staff, for the safety of
all concerned and seek professional medical clearance before returning.
3. You will observe the SOCIAL DISTANCING and HYGIENE procedures of DSDA – as listed in our notification emails and signs displayed throughout the building, otherwise you will leave immediately, when asked to by DSDA staff, for the safety of all concerned.
4. You understand that you will not be able to enter the building prior to 5 MINUTES before the start of your class and you will need to leave immediately after your class. This is to ensure that there are NO GATHERINGS and that DSDA can implement cleaning procedures between classes.
5. You will arrive DRESSED and READY for training as our changing rooms will be CLOSED (toilets will be accessible).
6. You can only attend a class if:
- you have PRE-BOOKED and received notification of your booking or
- you are on the WAITING LIST and have been notified of a space available prior to the start of the class
7. Cancellation window (adults’ classes): to ensure you are not charged for cancelling your class and can rebook for another time, you will need to CANCEL no later than 90 mins before the start of the class.
On-Site Membership Terms and Conditions:
Whereas the following are definitions:
You/Your/Yourself/the Applicant/Members = the participant and/or parent of participant/s
Us/We/DSDA/Academy = Dynamic Self Defence Academy including its owners, directors, instructors, managers and all employees
DSD Academy locations = DSDA’s own sites, visits made by DSDA to external locations to provide training
These are the terms and conditions on which We supply your classes and training, by purchasing/attending the classes (the Services) You are agreeing to the following:
Parental/legal guardian consent must be provided in either in written or electronic form in respect of each applicant under the age of 18 years to participate in our classes.
All attendance to DSDA classes must be preceded by You, the applicant, acknowledging, by way of completing a medical questionnaire, that You have no physical limitations preventing You from participation. Your medical details will be kept in the strictest confidence and will not be disclosed to any 3rd party unless required by law. If You answer yes to suffering from any medical condition:
- ensure that You advise Your instructor of the same prior to participating in any class
- ensure You obtain a medical certificate confirming You are able to participate
Members are advised not to undertake the DSDA classes without first seeking medical advice if they have concerns over their physical condition. DSDA reserves the right to refuse access to any member if, in its absolute discretion, it considers that the health of the individual concerned may be endangered by the use of such facilities.
You will (in good time, prior to participation in a class,) notify DSDA of any changes to Your medical condition or individual needs and any changes to emergency contact numbers. If, during participation in a class, You begin to feel unwell or sustain an injury, You will immediately stop and notify Your instructor, and seek medical advice if the condition persists.
You understand that physical training will take place. You acknowledge that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If You engage in the Service, You are voluntarily participating in these activities. You further understand that whilst all proper safeguard and precautions will be taken, to the fullest extent permitted by law, neither the DSDA nor the Instructors or their representatives, members or associates can be held liable for any injury, howsoever caused and You release and agree to hold harmless DSDA, its owners, directors, managers and all employees of all liability regarding 1) any injury to self or child 2) any loss or damage to personal property, and You confirm that no claim will be made in this respect. Nothing in this agreement shall have the effect of excluding or limiting any liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or liability for fraud. You confirm that You know of no medical impediment or other reason why You should not take part in the class. You take full responsibility for the decision to participate in this activity knowing all the risks.
Insurance to participate in this class shall be provided by MAGB Ltd. Please note that Your agreement in the form of the declaration (to be signed on your first date of attendance) will not affect Your rights to make a claim against the insurance provider in the event of a (qualifying) injury occurring within the class. As part of Your membership you will be licensed by DSD Academy (DSDA), which includes liability insurance for the following; member to member liability, public liability and general third party liability insurance. This insurance policy is (in accordance with the terms and conditions of the same) intended to cover Your costs in the event that a claim is brought against You for accidental damage or injury caused whilst participating in a class. Please note Your licence excludes any loss or damage to personal property as well as personal accident and, should You require such cover You will need to take out your own policy in this regard and for the avoidance of doubt responsibility for this shall lie entirely with You.
Members are required to follow the instructions of the DSDA instructor/staff at all times.
Young children must be accompanied by an adult on the premises when not in class.
Smoking is forbidden in the Academy.
Registration & Purchase:
To register or purchase from the DSDA online booking system, You must be over 18 years of age. You must ensure that the details provided by You (for you or your child/children) on registration or at any time are correct and complete. Attendance at the class is always subject to the Academy operating at a safe capacity. Entry to class is on a first come, first served basis for adult classes and by term bookings for children.
DSDA requires a separate one-off joining fee payment in addition to the class fee payment.
Class fee payment for children’s classes is calculated by DSDA on a termly basis. Payment must be received prior to the start of the term, or for the remainder of the current term if joining once a term has started. DSDA operates a first refusal system whereby all current members are given a set period of time in which to book for the term ahead in order to secure their booking. Once this period of time, as notified by DSDA, has passed, any unbooked places are opened up to other applicants/members. DSDA does not offer refunds, however missed classes can be made up upon arrangement with DSDA.
Payment for adults’ classes is either via a monthly membership or on a Pay As You Go basis.
By purchasing the Services on a monthly membership basis You are agreeing to the following:
- Your monthly payment will be made each month starting on the date You make Your first payment and the same day of each month thereafter or as otherwise agreed with DSDA.
- this is a rolling monthly payment which will continue until You decide to make any changes. You CAN: a) change Your payment option or cancel Your monthly payment at any time by contacting DSDA. Cancellation is accepted only on receipt by Us of written notice via email to email@example.com, the notice must be no less than 30-days prior to the termination. Any cancellation without the service of the 30 day written notice will not be accepted as valid cancellation. b) freeze/pause your membership at any time (at a cost as set by DSDA) – by contacting DSDA via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 7 days prior to the pause.
- You will have access to DSDA classes (depending on your chosen membership option), according to DSDA’s timetable (which is subject to change). If You have attended a maximum limit of classes paid for in a single month, additional classes can be booked on a Pay As You Go basis until Your new month begins.
- You will need to book each class. Use our booking system or find us at the app store: Dynamic Self Defence Academy. Classes have limited spaces and are on a first come, first served basis. If a class is full, You may be able to go on a waiting list and receive a notification if a space becomes available.
- If You need to cancel a class, you will need to within 2 hours in order to allow others to take your place. If You book 4 or more classes without attending or cancelling each month, You will not be able to book more classes until the following month.
- remember to CHECK IN when you arrive.
Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between You and Us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
The DSDA may from time to time take photographs and video footage of students participating in our classes for promotional purposes. You can opt in or out to this at any time by contacting DSDA. Please inform us in writing if You do not wish for either Yourself or Your child to be included in photographs and video footage.
You, having accepted membership of the (DSDA) do pledge that You will never use the skills that will be imparted to You for improper or illegal use. You understand that the DSDA self defence and martial art classes are taught purely for defence/sport and are not to be used aggressively. You also promise to show respect for Your instructors, fellow students, and to abide by the DSDA rules and regulations and acknowledge that these rules and regulations may (at the absolute discretion of DSDA) change from time to time.
Virtual Membership Terms and Conditions:
Whereas the following are Definitions:
You/Your/Yourself = the participant and/or parent of participants
Us/We/DSDA = Dynamic Self Defence Academy including its owners, directors, instructors, managers and all employees
Virtual /online membership is offered to both children and adults on a monthly membership/payment basis.
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply your ONLINE / VIRTUAL monthly membership classes, by purchasing the Virtual Membership (the Services) you are agreeing to the following:
1) Your monthly payment will be made each month starting on the date You make your first payment and the same day of each month thereafter or as otherwise agreed with DSDA.
2) this is a rolling monthly payment which will continue until You decide to make any changes. You CAN:
change your payment option or cancel your monthly payment at any time by contacting DSDA. Cancellation is accepted only on receipt by Us of written notice via email to email@example.com, the notice must be no less than 1 day prior to the termination. Any cancellation without the service of the 1 day written notice will not be accepted as valid cancellation.
3) You will have access to online classes according to DSDA’s timetable (which is subject to change) – which You cannot forward to a 3rd party (please refer newcomers to DSDA directly).
Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between You and Us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use any personal information you provide to us to:
(a) provide the Services;
(b) process your payment for the Services; and (c) inform you about similar services that we provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us.
Further details of how we will process personal information are set out in our Privacy Notice.
Registration & Purchase:
To register or purchase from the DSDA online booking system, You must be over eighteen years of age.
You must ensure that the details provided by You (for You or Your child/children) on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
Ability to Participate:
By purchasing virtual/online classes and resources from DSDA, You are acknowledging that these are participating in physically active classes – therefore You, the participant (or the parent), need to assess whether You (including your child as may be the case) are physically able to participate and take full responsibility to moderate Your activities according to Your ability.
You acknowledge that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If You engage in the Service, you agree that You do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of and responsibility for any injury to Yourself, loss and damages that You incur while exercising or participating in the Services. Furthermore You agree to release and discharge Us from any and all injuries, claims, damages or causes of action arising out of the Service. We take no responsibility whatsoever in this regard.
Furthermore, all applicants release and agree to hold harmless DSDA, its owners, directors, managers and all employees of all liability regarding 1) any injury to Yourself or Your child 2) any loss or damage to personal property. Nothing in this agreement shall have the effect of excluding or limiting any liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or liability for fraud.
The applicant also agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of the DSDA and acknowledges that these rules and regulations may change from time to time. You agree that You will never use the skills that will be imparted to You for improper or illegal use. You understand that the DSDA self defence and martial art classes are taught purely for defence/sport and are not to be used aggressively.
DSDA complies with the requirements of data protection and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation.
What information do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and the type of service that you request. For example, when you want to book a class/membership or buy a product either from this website, by email, social media or telephone contact we may collect details such as your name, email address, shipping address, billing address and other information relevant to your booking/purchase. If you attend our classes, then we will record your attendance records, your grading results where applicable, your medical details and any special conditions you have informed us of that we need to know about to keep you safe in our classes. Photography – before we take or use any photographs we will ask you, or a parent if you are under 18 years old, to give permission for us to take and use pictures of you. We might use your pictures for promotional purposes on posters, leaflets, social media or on our website.
How we collect information
We may collect personal information about you when you visit our website, visit us in person or contact us by any other means. We do not collect any personal information that you have not provided us with. We consider that your consent for us to collect your information is granted when you complete the fields necessary to facilitate a transaction through this website, contact us to request information about our products or services, or from our forms you complete on attendance to classes.
How we use your personal information
Usually, we collect your personal information for the following purposes:
1. To facilitate your access to our website, products and services
2. To provide classes and / or deliver products you have ordered from us
3 .To provide you with information about our products and services
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to others for the purpose for which the information was collected or for related purposes, for example to arrange insurance for your training, complete a transaction on your behalf or provide you with a product you purchased. We engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves handling personal information to :
- facilitate your class and product bookings within a customer database management software
- provide electronic funds transfer, credit card processing and related services
The security of your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information we have about you which we will not trade, rent or sell. Personal information may be stored both electronically on our computer system and cloud and on paper within secured storage structures. Firewalls, encryption, passwords, anti-virus software and email filters are used to protect all our electronic information.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep it for as long as we need it to help us provide our service to you; that is – for the continuation of your membership, and relevant data for a period of 10 years – as people often resume classes after a break and therefore your archived information can be restored.
Resolving your concerns
If the information we are collecting is information that you can choose not to give, you can tell us to stop collecting it at any time. If you have any questions about how your personal information is collected or used, please feel free to contact us. We will respond to your query as soon as possible.
Last updated: 30/03/2021